Sunday, May 18


ELLEN TURNED 50 !! What? She looks great, dont ya think?? If any of you watched her show on Thursday she showed all the pictures from her birthday party. She held a HUGE carnival with over 600 guests. It looked quite fun.
Now to the point of this blog... at the end of her show she started getting emotional. As everyone probably knows this week California made it legal for gay couples to get married. She explained that and started crying, then announced to the million of viewers watching that she was getting MARRIED!! What the.... what bugged me most is that the audience gave her a standing ovation after her announcement.
The Church of Jesus Christ believes that we have the power to control our behavior. I have very strong feelings about this topic and sometimes dont clearly understand why Satan has tempted the world with such sin. There is no fullness of joy in the next life without a family unit, including a husband, a wife, and their posterity. In the eternal perspective, I think that same-gender activity will only bring sorrow and grief and the loss of eternal opportunities for yourself.
Im grateful to be married to such a great husband and for the knowledge of knowing that my family will be together forever, the way God planned.

2 comments:

Dawn and Spence said...

Wow that's crazy that Ellen is 50, you're right she definitely looks amazing for 50! I'm with you all the way on same-sex marriage though. I can't believe it's been legalized now in California, it's sad.

Andrea said...

Abby--thanks for sharing your testimony on this. I really enjoy Ellen, but I DO NOT enjoy this about her.

I am sure I told you about my neighbors, Katie and Karen, who had three children together and then split up. It was HORRIBLE! There is not true happiness in this way of living.