Tuesday, November 13

every member a missionary

I remember my baptism day very vividly. It is one of the highlights in my life.

Like many, I was eight years old. My parents taught me the signifigance of
this great ordinance. Since then I have loved attending baptisms and
watching others become members of the church. Last month Tony and I
had the opportunity attending a baptism. I havent been to one for a while
and this one in particular was special for me.
One of our family friends Jordan Giron was introduced to the church by
Regge who had recently returned from his mission. They became friends
and Regge being the great missionary he was asked her about the church.
She was familiar with it and he asked her to read the Book of Mormon.
She did and loved it. The missionaries in Texas taught her the discussions
over the summer and Regge was honored to baptize her. Jordan attends
Boise State University and has turned into a big Boise fan... which is why
she was baptised in the Boise River. How cool is that!!

As you can tell it was a cold day but the two of them were great
sports. The Elders linked up to help them walk down the slippery
hill. There was so much support from family and friends.
Doesn't she look so happy!

5 comments:

dev said...

Abby... your family picture is so adorable! I love it!

becca said...

wow - what an awesome experience...way to share the gospel Regge! The baptismal picture looks like something out of a Guam mission...who would guess it is in Idaho. Abby you are so cute and Jackson is so handsome!! Hope you are doing well.

Anne-Marie said...

that does look like fun! don't they have WARM baptismal fonts in idaho??? hee hee! Yay for her!!

Ryan Kaltenbach said...

Hi Abbs!

Oh my gosh, that family picture is so precious! And what an awesome baptism. We are going to the Temple tonight with a woman we became friends with who joined the church. It is her first time to the Temple and it will be special. It is so neat to see others embrace the Gospel.

Ryan Kaltenbach said...

It's not Ryan... it's me Shar : )