Tuesday, February 26

I'm craving new foods....

So i've decided to give myself a challenge/goal to work
on until summer. I am going to make a new recipe
once a week and share it with all of you. It's time for
me to learn new things in the kitchen and also to give
Tony and I more choices for dinner.


CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD

I made this the other day and it was delish!!

1 pound bag coleslaw mix
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds (without shells )
2 pkgs. Beef Top Roman noodles
(reserve flavor packets for dressing)
3 to 4 cooked chicken breasts, cut in small pieces

Dressing:
1 cup peanut oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
2 reserved flavor packets from Top Roman

Combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
Mix dressing ingredients. Toss and enjoy.

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

mmm sounds yummy...can you use chicken flavored ramen or just beef? what a great idea to make one new recipe a week...i can't wait for the next one you post

{Erica} said...

ps what are your thoughts about the new bachelor? EW!

Ashley K. said...

Go Abbs! I was thinking of starting a food blog... do ya want in?

Bridget and Derrik said...

What a GREAT idea, I'll bet Tony is loving it... I love that salad, except i've only had it with the chk top ramon, not the beef. So im going to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! Now I don't have to think of new things to make I can just come to your blog. I am pretty sure Brian is getting sick of Hot Pockets and sandwiches. I think it is about time I step up my role as wife/chef.

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! Now I don't have to think of new things to make I can just come to your blog. I am pretty sure Brian is getting sick of Hot Pockets and sandwiches. I think it is about time I step up my role as wife/chef.

Dawn and Spence said...

Abby I love this! What a great idea!! :-) Keep 'em comin girl!