Tuesday, July 15

where's all the $$ going?

It seems like everyone warns you about diaper prices before you have your baby. Well I decided I would test it out. This last month I bought the HUGGIES diapers at Costco. The box contains 200 diapers for $39.99. So I kept track on my calendar how long it would take me to go through the 200 diapers. 42 days later they were gone. That may seem like a lot of days, but Jackson does wear a swim diaper as well almost everyday. So I averaged 5 diapers a day. After doing the math I will only buy 9 boxes of diapers a year from Costco costing me a little over $370.00. Not to bad I thought... I was thinking more in the $500 range. So, there you have it, the average person shouldnt be spending more than that per year!! Good news I hope for everyone!

1 comment:

{Erica} said...

unless your kid has some stomach bug like mine and has gone through a pack of huggies from costco in 12 days!!!! :)

but good to know...i've alwasy wondered but been too lazy to keep track.