Sunday, November 9

My 2 MUST haves..

As a new mother I have learned about 2 items I cant live without. These 2 items were never used with Jackson which now I am realizing was a big mistake.

#1 The GUMDROP binkie. When we were at the hospital last month with Kensi we saw these in the vending machine and knew we would be stocking up before we left. A few hours after Kensi was born I told tony to go and grab as many as he could. He went and they were all gone. We asked the nurses to get more and she told us they only stock up the machine once a week. AAHH! So Tony left the hospital at 4:00 am to go search the grocery stores. We wanted to start kensi on this binkie the first day she was born. A few hours later he found one at Winco. They are pretty ugly so Ive added rinestones to my blue ones and we ordered pink ones online which are so cute.

#2 The MUSLIN blanket. Amazing!!! This is the best blanket to swaddle your baby in because of the light and breathable feel. It is suppossed to keep your baby from overheating when she is all bundled up. It is extra-plush against the babies soft skin but still provides cushiony warmth. Tonys Aunt Kathy hooked me up with a muslin blanket two weeks ago and I have used it every day since.
If you are pregnant (or a new mommy) take my advice and buy both these products! You won't be disappointed.
Have a GREAT day!

6 comments:

kate said...

Ava has a few muslin blankies, we love them too..someone gave them to me at a shower it came along with a dvd that showed the proper techniques of swaddling (at different ages) pretty cool.

Anne-Marie said...

i've seen those binkies and walmart and target. they come in two-packs and I've seen them in that green color, blue and pink. Good luck!!

Ashley K. said...

I love the gumdrop! The ones pictured are the soothie. Davis needs to give it up already though! I am sure it is more my crutch then his... it is heaven though!

Ashley K. said...

I can't wait to try out those blankets with my next baby!

Allison McDonald said...

i heard that those blankies are amazing from someone else. I'll have to get one for the next baby.... (not for a while though)

The Brande Bunch said...

I totally agree with swaddle blankets!!! I used one called the Miracle Blanket and it certainly was a miracle to me when Mckay was born!!! Sorry I missed you guys when you stopped by, we will have to get together during the hollidays!